Royal British Legion, Legion Lane, Tywardreath, Cornwall Archaeological Watching Brief (cotswold2-315792)

Cotswold Archaeology, 2018

Data copyright © Cotswold Archaeology unless otherwise stated


Cotswold Archaeology logo

Primary contact

Hazel O'Neill
Cotswold Archaeology
Building 11
Kemble Enterprise Park
Cirencester
GL7 6BQ
UK
Tel: 01285 772624

Send e-mail enquiry

Resource identifiers

Digital Object Identifiers

Digital Object Identifiers (DOIs) are persistent identifiers which can be used to consistently and accurately reference digital objects and/or content. The DOIs provide a way for the ADS resources to be cited in a similar fashion to traditional scholarly materials. More information on DOIs at the ADS can be found on our help page.

Citing this DOI

The updated Crossref DOI Display guidelines recommend that DOIs should be displayed in the following format:

https://doi.org/10.5284/1048356
Sample Citation for this DOI

Cotswold Archaeology (2018) Royal British Legion, Legion Lane, Tywardreath, Cornwall Archaeological Watching Brief (cotswold2-315792) [data-set]. York: Archaeology Data Service [distributor] https://doi.org/10.5284/1048356

Introduction

Royal British Legion, Legion Lane, Tywardreath, Cornwall Archaeological Watching Brief (cotswold2-315792)

In June and July 2017, Cotswold Archaeology carried out an archaeological watching brief at the site of the Royal British Legion, Legion Lane, Tywardreath, Cornwall.

The watching brief recorded the granite and limestone-built foundations of a late post-medieval/modern building in the southern part of the site. This building corresponds in location with a structure first shown on the 1839 tithe map. Associated internal floor surfaces and a posthole were also recorded. The walls forming the western end of the building were of later construction than those in the rest of the structure, reflecting the shortening of this end of the building documented on later 19th century and early 20th century mapping. There were clear indications that the stone foundations had been retained and reused when the buildings at the site were remodelled and further extended during the 1960s.