Data copyright © Council for British Archaeology unless otherwise stated
Council for British Archaeology
St Mary's House
Tel: 01904 671417
Fax: 01904 671384
Digital Object Identifiers (DOIs) are persistent identifiers which can be used to consistently and accurately reference digital objects and/or content. The DOIs provide a way for the ADS resources to be cited in a similar fashion to traditional scholarly materials. More information on DOIs at the ADS can be found on our help page.
DOIs should be the last element in a citation irrespective of the format used. The DOI citation should begin with "doi:" in lowercase followed by the DOI with no spaces between the ":" and the DOI.
DOIs can also be cited as a persistent link from another Web page. This is done by appending the DOI Resolver with the DOI. This would look like:
However, if it is possible it is best to hide the URL in the href property of the <a> tag and have the link text be of the form doi:10.5284/1000327. The HTML for this would look like:
Council for British Archaeology (2006) Defence of Britain Archive [data-set]. York: Archaeology Data Service [distributor] (doi:10.5284/1000327)
Remarkable surviving sections (some 500 yards) of anti-tank ditch running within woodland. Long lengths survive to original width and depth, and include the sharp-angled corners and a short spur length running up to pillbox UORN 8550. The rampart of the ditch, on its N and E side, also survives. The ditch (in its best preserved sections) is some 15ft wide at the top and 6ft at the bottom, with a depth of some 10ft. The rampart is some 15ft wide and 2ft-3ft high.
(Source: Field Visit 2003/02/05)
Anti-tank ditch plotted from air photograph.
(Source: Air Photograph 1946/01/14)
Anti-tank ditch. Still survives within woodland.
(Source: Book 1999)
Unfilled anti-tank ditch.
(Source: Book 1999)
|Type of site||ANTI TANK DITCH|
|Location||Running on S edge of Hog Wood.
Hinton Charterhouse, Bath and North East Somerset, England
ST 7725 5956
ST 7737 5955
ST 7737 5952
ST 7742 5945
ST 7749 5952
|Recorder||Foot, William (English Heritage Defence Areas Project)|
GHQ Line: Green - Stop Line - Burnham on Sea to near Melksham (where it joins with the GHQ Line: Blue) and then north to the River Severn at Newnham. This line is also known as the Bristol Outer Line.
Manned by VIII Corps.
(1) - general view
|DOB site reference:||S0008552
1999 Ironside's Line
1999 Warwalks: Stop Line Green
1946/01/14 3G/TUD/UK/25 (frs.5165-5166)
Construction, In the period 1940 1941
Field Visit, On 2003/02/05