Scawby Methodist Chapel, Scawby, Lincolnshire

Andy Aukland, 2016

Data copyright © Andy Aukland unless otherwise stated

Primary contact

Andy Aukland
The Old Post House
Main Street
Barnetby
Lincolnshire
DN38 6EW
England

Send e-mail enquiry

Resource identifiers

Digital Object Identifiers

Digital Object Identifiers (DOIs) are persistent identifiers which can be used to consistently and accurately reference digital objects and/or content. The DOIs provide a way for the ADS resources to be cited in a similar fashion to traditional scholarly materials. More information on DOIs at the ADS can be found on our help page.

Citing this DOI

The updated Crossref DOI Display guidelines recommend that DOIs should be displayed in the following format:

https://doi.org/10.5284/1037859
Sample Citation for this DOI

Andy Aukland (2016) Scawby Methodist Chapel, Scawby, Lincolnshire [data-set]. York: Archaeology Data Service [distributor] https://doi.org/10.5284/1037859

Introduction

Scawby Methodist Chapel, Scawby, Lincolnshire

This historic building record and photographic survey for the former Methodist Chapel at Scawby was carried out on 20 September 2015.

Scawby Methodist Chapel is situated in the North Lincolnshire village of Scawby. The chapel is located adjacent to the south side of Chapel Lane, a minor road running through the village at NGR SE 968 054.

The Chapel is built to a traditional method in brickwork beneath a slate clad pitched roof. The recorded date stone set within the apex of the north gable wall indicates the church was built in 1895 to serve the local Methodist community. The building is not listed but is considered to be of special interest due to its design and past use. It is understood that the chapel was used for worship until at least 2012, but has been disused for the last few years.