P. V Addyman and V. E Black, eds., (1989). Union Terrace. York: Council for British Archaeology.

Title
Title
The title of the publication or report
Title:
Union Terrace
Subtitle
Subtitle
The sub title of the publication or report
Subtitle:
excavations in the Horsefair
Series
Series
The series the publication or report is included in
Series:
The Archaeology of York
Volume
Volume
Volume number and part
Volume:
1111/1 (1)
Downloads
Downloads
Any files associated with the publication or report that can be downloaded from the ADS
Downloads:
DOI
DOI
The DOI (digital object identifier) for the publication or report.
DOI
Publication Type
Publication Type
The type of publication - report, monograph, journal article or chapter from a book
Publication Type:
Monograph Chapter (in Series)
Author
Author
The authors of this publication or report
Author:
Julian D Richards
Carolyn M Heighway
Sara Donaghey
Editor
Editor
The editor of the publication or report
Editor:
Peter V Addyman
V E Black
Publisher
Publisher
The publisher of the publication or report
Publisher:
York Archaeological Trust
Council for British Archaeology
Year of Publication
Year of Publication
The year the book, article or report was published
Year of Publication:
1989
ISBN
ISBN
International Standard Book Number
ISBN:
0 906780 82 9
Note
Note
Extra information on the publication or report.
Note:
Date Of Issue From: 1989 Editorial Expansion: The Archaeology of York vol 11 fasc 1
Source
Source
Where the record has come from or which dataset it was orginally included in.
Source:
British Archaeological Abstracts (BAA)
Related resources
Related resources
Other resources which are relevant to this publication or report
Relations:
URL: http://www.iadb.co.uk/pubs/pubs.php
Created Date
Created Date
The date the record of the pubication was first entered
Created Date:
05 Dec 2008
Chapter Title Sort Order Both Arrows Access Type Author / Editor Page
Start/End Sort Order Up Arrow
Abstract
1 - 40
Occupation was continuous from late 12th to mid 17th centuries. The 13th century church of the Carmelite Friary was extended westwards and a burial ground developed to the south; after 1295, when the Carmelites moved to the centre of York, the east end remained as a chapel and the west end was partitioned off, interpreted as St Mary's Hospital. Substantial alterations and new work followed in 15th century, and again in 16th when the site was taken over by St Peter's School. In mid 17th the buildings were damaged in the Civil War siege, the school left the site and the buildings were demolished. In early 19th century the site was reoccupied by housing. With a contribution by Stephen Coll