Methodist Free Church, 21 Ventonleague Hill, Ventonleague, Hayle, Cornwall. Historic Building Recording (OASIS ID: statemen1-407703)

Daniel Ratcliffe, 2020

Data copyright © Daniel Ratcliffe unless otherwise stated

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Creative Commons License


Statement Heritage logo

Primary contact

Statement Heritage
8 Par Lane
PAR
Cornwall
P24 2DN

Send e-mail enquiry

Resource identifiers

Digital Object Identifiers

Digital Object Identifiers (DOIs) are persistent identifiers which can be used to consistently and accurately reference digital objects and/or content. The DOIs provide a way for the ADS resources to be cited in a similar fashion to traditional scholarly materials. More information on DOIs at the ADS can be found on our help page.

Citing this DOI

The updated Crossref DOI Display guidelines recommend that DOIs should be displayed in the following format:

https://doi.org/10.5284/1083526
Sample Citation for this DOI

Daniel Ratcliffe (2020) Methodist Free Church, 21 Ventonleague Hill, Ventonleague, Hayle, Cornwall. Historic Building Recording (OASIS ID: statemen1-407703) [data-set]. York: Archaeology Data Service [distributor] https://doi.org/10.5284/1083526

Introduction

Methodist Free Church, 21 Ventonleague Hill, Ventonleague, Hayle, Cornwall. Historic Building Recording (OASIS ID: statemen1-407703)

This archive presents the report and images created during the historic building recording to Level 2-3 as defined by Historic England. This fulfilled a planning condition placed in mitigation of the approval of works to convert the building to domestic use.

Ventonleague Free Methodist Church, a classically styled Methodist chapel with a gallery at its northern end, was opened in 1876. It was closed for worship in 2017 and the Methodist Church have commissioned this report to inform option development for appropriate conservation of the building through adaptive reuse. Internally the building contains a typical late Victorian to early Edwardian auditory chapel plan with a raised choir and rostrum to its southern end and a small gallery to its north. Behind is a vestry extension, and at the rear of the plot a later wooden building brought to the site in 1915 for use as a Sunday School.


ADS logo
Data Org logo
University of York logo