Over the last few weeks (ether side of Christmas) As part of the HERALD project we’ve been making some progress on the part of the new OASIS which records the archive. As an archival body ourselves we’re keen – along with everyone else I’ve spoken to – that the new system improves on:
- Recording what has been found/produced for archive
- Allowing an archival body to produce in-form guidance on what it expects from a deposition
- Making the archival body aware of events happening within their area/remit
- Allowing the archival body and data producer to correspond at an early stage
- Recording the deposition stage
- Reflecting the differences in archive workflows in England + Scotland.
- Signposting between physical and digital archives