Data copyright © Council for British Archaeology unless otherwise stated
Council for British Archaeology
St Mary's House
Tel: 01904 671417
Fax: 01904 671384
Digital Object Identifiers (DOIs) are persistent identifiers which can be used to consistently and accurately reference digital objects and/or content. The DOIs provide a way for the ADS resources to be cited in a similar fashion to traditional scholarly materials. More information on DOIs at the ADS can be found on our help page.
DOIs should be the last element in a citation irrespective of the format used. The DOI citation should begin with "doi:" in lowercase followed by the DOI with no spaces between the ":" and the DOI.
DOIs can also be cited as a persistent link from another Web page. This is done by appending the DOI Resolver with the DOI. This would look like:
However, if it is possible it is best to hide the URL in the href property of the <a> tag and have the link text be of the form doi:10.5284/1000327. The HTML for this would look like:
Council for British Archaeology (2006) Defence of Britain Archive [data-set]. York: Archaeology Data Service [distributor] (doi:10.5284/1000327)
Rectangular anti-tank gun emplacement set back to back at a slight angle with another [see UORN 16664]. Shuttered with horizontal wooden planks, but vertical around the doorway (on S side). Corrugated iron-shuttered roof (internal). Stands on three feet thick plinth (ground marshy by stream). Cut-off corners and chamfered roof edge. One main embrasure (blocked). Internal LMG side chamber with two embrasures, one blocked. Further LMG embrasure in E face. Damage to a corner revealing reinforcing bars, possibly occasioned by being used as a target for shell fire. Used as a cattle shelter. Faces N. Public access, including interior - close to footpath.
(Source: Field Visit 2003/09/03)
Concrete anti-tank gun emplacement, now used as animal shelter.
(Source: Field Visit 1998/07/05)
Rectangular structure plotted from OS 1:2500 sheet.
(Source: Map 1969)
Rectangular pillbox plotted from air photograph.
(Source: Air Photograph 1946/07/10)
Type 28A 2pdr pillbox positioned back to back to fire with another [see UORN 16664].
(Source: Article 1994/12)
|Type of site||PILLBOX (TYPE FW3/28A)|
|Location||E of the River Pang, on footpath running W-E from Sulham Hill to Sulham Lane, by the side of a small stream, N of Oaklands Farm.
Tidmarsh, Berkshire, England
SU 63905 74769
|Materials||Corrugated Iron, Reinforced Concrete, Wood|
|Recorder||Foot, William (English Heritage Defence Areas Project)|
GHQ Line: Red (Sulham Valley sector) - Length of the GHQ Stop Line: Red running between the Rivers Thames and Kennet, along the line of the Sulham Valley west of Reading.
|DOB site reference:||S0002682
1994/12 Sulham Valley: A Heavy Concentration of Anti-Tank Pillboxes
1946/07/10 106G/UK/1646 (fr.3290)
Field Visit, On 1998/07/05
Construction, In the period 1940 1941
Field Visit, During 1994
Field Visit, On 2003/09/03