Series: CFA Archaeology Ltd unpublished report series

CFA Archaeology Ltd
ADS Digital Resource logo  ADS Digital Resource

Web Contact: CFA Archaeology Ltd: email
Associated OrganisationCFA Archaeology Ltd
Primary logo
  • Browse
  • Details
  • Statistics
  • Search
Series Publication Type: Series Publication Type image
Publisher:
Year of Publication (Start): 1991
Year of Publication (End): 2102
Records per page:
Previous   Page 1 of 49   Next
Filter results by issue title, e.g. 'roman military station'
Filter info icon Filter:
Wait (Spinner) image

Please click on an Issue link to go to the Issue Details.
Issue Title Sort Order up arrow Access Type Publication
Type
  Author / Editor   Abstract Publication
Year Sort Order no arrows
Download available from the ADS Publication Type icon M Hastie
A desk-based assessment was carried out for a site in Aberdeen occupied by the category C listed former St Margaret's School. A watching brief was carried out during borehole works on the site which indicated that there was build of modern material on the site.
Abstract icon
2015
Download available from the ADS Publication Type icon E MacNeilage
A Level 1 photographic survey was carried out at 85-87 South Bridge, Edinburgh prior to major refurbishment works. Two late 18th century vaults and a 1930s link-bridge was photographed and reported on. An appraisal survey of the building was carried out in 2015 along with a further Level 2 survey of it's basement. Also carried out within the basement was an archaeological watching brief to monitor the removal of rubble. The tenement building was converted from domestic to commercial offices in c.1930 with shops situated at street level.
Abstract icon
2016
Download available from the ADS Publication Type icon M Kirby
As part of a programme of mitigation investigations along the Fastlink section of the Aberdeen Western Peripheral Route/Balmedie-Tipperty, a strip, map and excavate investigation was completed to the south of North Rothnick, site AWPR/B-T/FL/005. Thirty-two features were excavated and are interpreted as stone-holes. Evidence of earlier agricultural activity was apparent in the form of cultivation furrows.
Abstract icon
2015
Download available from the ADS Publication Type icon G Savory
A targeted walkover survey was carried out by CFA Archaeology Ltd in advance of the Allt Shallainn HV Cable Route. The twelve sites identified during the DBA were visited, recorded and assessed to gauge the impact of the installation of the HV cable. An additional three sites were identified during the walkover and these, in turn, were recorded and assessed for possible impact. None of the sites were going to be adversely affected by the cabling and so it was decided that no further action was required.
Abstract icon
2016
Download available from the ADS Publication Type icon S Hickman
Additional survey work was carried out at two locations previously identified during the initial field survey. The additional work identified further shieling huts at site 4 and noted that there are no visible traces of site 31 within the access corridor.
Abstract icon
2015
Download available from the ADS Publication Type icon M Kirby
An archaeological evaluation was carried out at Greenburn Surface Mine (Wellhill Extension) within the area around Wellhill Farm and within the area around Hall of Auchincross Farm. A large number of field drains were uncovered indicating 19th and 20th century agricultural improvements, but there were no features, deposits or artefacts of archaeological significance. M Kirby 2012
Abstract icon
2013
Download available from the ADS Publication Type icon P Mann
An archaeological evaluation consisting of trial trenching and a metal detection survey was undertaken by CFA Archaeology Ltd on land in Whinmoor, West Yorkshire during April and May of 2013. Twenty eight trenches were excavated with a number of undated field boundaries and field systems recorded. No finds were recovered either from the trenching or the metal detection survey with modern truncation and debris related to modern farm buildings recorded across the site.
Abstract icon
2013
Download available from the ADS Publication Type icon M Lightfoot
An archaeological watching brief was undertaken during topsoil stripping prior to the installation of a 'subterranean living space' below the garden of a converted barn, at 'The Laithe', 38 Haigh Lane, Hoylandswaine, South Yorkshire. The site was adjacent to a rebuilt and converted barn, also a listed building. No archaeological remains were recorded and no finds were recovered
Abstract icon
2012
Download available from the ADS Publication Type icon M Kirby
S Mitchell
An archaeological watching brief was carried out at land 120m south of 20 West Shore Road, Granton, Edinburgh during ground-works for the construction of 11 temporary nest houses and a temporary social hub. The development area encompasses the site of the 16th century Granton Castle, which was demolished in the late 1920s and the underlying rock on which it was situated quarried away. The watching brief identified a fragment of wall which appears to relate to a curving feature depicted on the 1914 Ordnance Survey map. There were no features, artefacts or deposits of archaeological significance identified.
Abstract icon
2018
Download available from the ADS Publication Type icon S Mitchell
A watching brief was carried out at 1 Brae park, Cramond during the excavation of foundation trenches for a building extension. No archaeological remains or deposits were identified. Stuart Mitchell (CFA ArchaeologyLtd) 2011.
Abstract icon
2011
Download available from the ADS Publication Type icon L Garst
An Archive Assessment and Evaluation were carried out in advance of development. The Archive Assessment suggested that the northern part of the site contained roofed and unroofed buildings in the 19th-century and that the southern part was undeveloped. These 19th-century structures are shown on the 1853 and 1893 Musselburgh Town Plans. The evaluation revealed that these buildings and the boundary walls of the burgage plots survived within the site at a depth of 0.5m below the surface. The buildings shown on the 19th-century maps had cobbled floors whereas a second building, not on these maps had a paved floor and a clay damp-proofing deposit. An unrecorded well was also revealed. No pre-modern finds were recovered. Ian Suddaby 2011.
Abstract icon
2011
Download available from the ADS Publication Type icon K Haines
L Mckinney
A programme of archaeological recording including a standing building survey, evaluation and excavation was carried out at 1-3 Musselburgh Road prior to a residential development. The proposed development area is set within a courtyard forming part of the perimeter wall circumnavigating Dalkeith Park and comprised a complex of derelict buildings. A saw-pit identified during the evaluation phase and a well identified during site demolition were subject to a programme of archaeological excavation and recording. The saw pit is depicted on an estate plan dating to 1832 and the well is thought to date to a similar period.
Abstract icon
2008
Download available from the ADS Publication Type icon et al Cressey
A programme of archaeological recording including a standing building survey, evaluation and excavation was carried out at 1-3 Musselburgh Road prior to a residential development. The proposed development area is set within a courtyard forming part of the perimeter wall circumnavigating Dalkeith Park and comprised a complex of derelict buildings. A saw-pit identified during the evaluation phase and a well identified during site demolition were subject to a programme of archaeological excavation and recording. The saw pit is depicted on an estate plan dating to 1832 and the well is thought to date to a similar period.
Abstract icon
2008
Download available from the ADS Publication Type icon M Kirby
A programme of archaeological recording including a standing building survey, evaluation and excavation was carried out at 1-3 Musselburgh Road prior to a residential development. The proposed development area is set within a courtyard forming part of the perimeter wall circumnavigating Dalkeith Park and comprised a complex of derelict buildings. A saw-pit identified during the evaluation phase and a well identified during site demolition were subject to a programme of archaeological excavation and recording. The saw pit is depicted on an estate plan dating to 1832 and the well is thought to date to a similar period.
Abstract icon
2008
Download available from the ADS Publication Type icon Michael Cressey
A standing building survey was carried out at a former plastcic factory 10-12 Inglis Green Road, Slateford, Edinburgh. The study examined 39 interior units and carried out measured survey on selected elevations in line with a Written Scheme of Investigation approved by the City of Edinburgh Council Archaeology Service (CECAS). Michael Cressey (CFA Archaeology Ltd) 2011.
Abstract icon
2011
Download available from the ADS Publication Type icon M Kirby
An evaluation was carried out by CFA Archaeology Ltd between May and August 2012. Thirty-four trenches were excavated in three phases of work. The foundations of Graysmill Farm, depicted on the First Edition OS map (1855) and surviving until at least 1984, were identified in three trenches and were mapped and recorded. Remains of 19th and 20th-century industrial buildings which were part of the Inglisgreen Bleachfield (later Inglis Green Dye Works and Tweed Mills) and the Everlasta Dye Works were also identified. Melanie Johnson (CFA Archaeology Ltd) 2012
Abstract icon
2012
Download available from the ADS Publication Type icon M Kirby
An evaluation was carried out by CFA Archaeology Ltd between May and August 2012. Thirty-four trenches were excavated in three phases of work. The foundations of Graysmill Farm, depicted on the First Edition OS map (1855) and surviving until at least 1984, were identified in three trenches and were mapped and recorded. Remains of 19th and 20th-century industrial buildings which were part of the Inglisgreen Bleachfield (later Inglis Green Dye Works and Tweed Mills) and the Everlasta Dye Works were also identified. Melanie Johnson (CFA Archaeology Ltd) 2012
Abstract icon
2012
Download available from the ADS Publication Type icon M Kirby
An evaluation was carried out by CFA Archaeology Ltd between May and August 2012. Thirty-four trenches were excavated in three phases of work. The foundations of Graysmill Farm, depicted on the First Edition OS map (1855) and surviving until at least 1984, were identified in three trenches and were mapped and recorded. Remains of 19th and 20th-century industrial buildings which were part of the Inglisgreen Bleachfield (later Inglis Green Dye Works and Tweed Mills) and the Everlasta Dye Works were also identified. Melanie Johnson (CFA Archaeology Ltd) 2012
Abstract icon
2012
Download available from the ADS Publication Type icon R Hunt
M Lightfoot
An archaeological watching brief was carried out by CFA Archaeology Ltd on land at 118/120 Higher Lane, Rainford, St. Helens, WA11 8AZ, during December 2017 as part of the erection of a bungalow. A series of peri-glacial seams were present within the natural clay and some shallow pits of 19th century and modern date were identified.
Abstract icon
2018
Download available from the ADS Publication Type icon M Cressey
A Level 1-2 standing building survey and archaeological watching brief were carried out at North Grey's, Bishops and Carrubbers Close respectively as part of a proposed re-development above the Mitre and Royal Mile public houses. An early 19th century tenement building occupied the site until it was removed during the 1970s. The survey has recorded a number of features relating mainly to blocked doors and windows. The derelict remains of Bishop Sydserff's House (1589) adjoins the nothern boundary of the proposed development site.
Abstract icon
2009
 
Previous   Page 1 of 49   Next