Advice for grant applicants
The long-term preservation of data to enable its discovery and re-use is now a recognised and desired outcome for project funders. This includes a series of UK based organisations such as the UK Research and Innovation Council (UKRI), the National Lottery Heritage Fund (NLHF) and National Heritage Agencies. For many funding bodies it is now expected that data from all projects will be deposited with a suitable data archive, such as the ADS, and that the cost of data deposition will be included in their grant application, tender or bid.
The ADS is a Core Trust Seal certified organisation and is the leading accredited repository in the UK for archaeology and historic environment data. With over 25 years of experience supporting research, the ADS can provide advice in data management and deposition for a variety of research projects:
We have expertise in providing advice for the following grant schemes:
- UK Research and Innovation Councils – Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC), Natural Environment research Council (NERC)
- Other higher education funding bodies – British Academy, Leverhulme Trust
- European Commission funding – European Research Council (ERC) funding, Horizon Europe
- National Lottery Heritage Lottery (NLHF)
- Governmental agencies – Historic England or Local government
- Marc Fitch Fund
Advice for specific funding streams is accessible from the menu to the left of the page.
If you or your organisation are interested in receiving advice or training by the ADS please contact us to discuss your needs. Information about forthcoming training courses can be found in our list of events.