Advice for HER uploads to the Heritage Gateway
The ADS can build a bespoke Heritage Gateway loader for most HERs.
What does an ADS heritage gateway loader include?
- Construction of a bespoke Heritage Gateway loader and service
- Inclusion in ArchSearch
- Exposes your records to a wider audience, links back to your own web pages and rich content archives and resources and is indexed by Google
- Secure off-site copy of your data
- Data Health Check
- Identifies any structure and content inconsistencies in your data
- Metadata provided to the ARIADNE Data Portal, the central point of access to archaeological resources made available from across Europe
- Web mapping for point data (optional)
What will it cost?
The ADS is able to offer different ways to pay for Heritage Gateway loads.
First year set up costs: £4200.00 +VAT, then £580 +VAT per upload.
Subject to the following conditions:
- Up to two gateway loads per year
- The structure of the data you provide to us must not change (see Important information below).
- There is no break in uploads over the period (i.e. data must be supplied at least once a year).
Figures accurate for 2022/23 financial year.
What do I need to do?
Express your interest by emailing the Collections Development Manager
Arrange for your initial data load to be sent to us at least two months before your launch date.
Sign an ADS Deposit Agreement.
Sign a Content Provision Licence for the Heritage Gateway with Historic England.
Your data structure needs to remain the same in order for our loading service to work. If your data structure changes, we will have to re-write the gateway loader for your service at first year costs.